Wednesday, April 25, 2012

100 Day Vegan Challenge


                                                                              
 Why 100 days?  Because that's how long I have until I go to Disney World with my family, and I can't promise I won't eat park food while I'm there. ;)

A while back I tried very hard to lose weight by going vegan, meaning no animal products whatsoever.  Eating purely just veggies, and fruit, and whole grains, and oh yea a whole bunch of prepackaged, sodium packed, over processed vegan foods that cost a whole lot of mullah.  Needless to say I didn't lose too much weight because I had a hard time sticking to the diet all the time.  Why you ask?
 Because it was too expensive.  It cost a lot of money to eat healthy here in this great country, which is why so many people don't eat the food they should, and also why so many people here in the United States are sick.   
I believe whole heartedly that what we eat has more to do with how sick our bodies get than genetics, or anything else.
 Now that's my opinion, it may not be yours.
When I did go on my last vegan quest I found that it was extremely difficult, not only cause of the cost, but because you don't realize how addicted you are to certain foods, until you don't eat them for a while.  I had migraines for the first few days, stomach cramps, and at times it really made me feel sick. This lasted for the first week.  I believe this is the time when my body was getting all the bad toxins out. 
After that I had more energy, I noticed my skin looked better, my hair was shineier  my nails grew at super speed, and my skin got softer.  (Wow I just explained how Bella looked when she became a vampire)
This was just the appearance part, I also felt better.  My body didn't feel so yucky. 

Once I gave up eating well, I went right back to normal, and I felt gross again. 
Mandy from Biblical Homemaking started doing what she calls The Original Food Diet.  Basically she is eating only the way the Bible directs us to eat in Genesis 1:29 - 30, nothing but whole grains, fresh fruit, fresh veggies, and, the way Mandy put it, food you can grow yourself. 
This got me Interested once again to do my very own challenge as well, except my goal is to do it on the cheap. This is a blog about me doing all things thrifty, and  I can't really afford to spend a lot of money on this since I'm sure it's only gonna be me doing it.  I have tried before to get the rest of the household in on this but it was a no go.  Maybe if they see big changes in me, they will feel inspired.
I started yesterday, and I have to say I'm super hungry right now, but I was so proud of myself for eating a cucumber instead of chips late last night.  I'm a big night eater, and that cucumber saved my derrière.  :)
Tonight is pizza night and I have found two great vegan pizza recipes that I got off some really great vegan inspired blogs that I can't wait to try out.  I'm hoping I can stick with it this time;
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Those are words to live by.  Don't you think??

So how many people think this is a good idea, and how many think I'm just crazy??

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment