Just wanted to wish everyone a very safe and Happy Halloween!!!!
Sunday, October 28, 2012
So for the Pinterest Fall Challenge I must say I had a real "challenge" trying to come up with something to do. With all my current finances going towards Halloween, a baby shower, Hubby's birthday, and yes even Christmas I have not had much money left over for much else. So I knew that whatever I decided to do had to be completely free, hence my challenge.
After searching Pinterest for what seemed like
minutes FOREVER, I came across these inspirations.
|Source from The CSI Project Blog|
|Source from Our Best Bites Blog|
|Source from Lauren Elise Crafted Blog|
I have a real love or maybe even a bit of an obsession with mason jar crafts. You can see a few others that I did here, here, and here. So it was no surprise to me that I leaned more toward craft ideas where there was a jar involved.
I really loved how the silhouettes looked on the jars but I also liked how the jack o lanterns looked when they were all lit up. I decided combining the two would be my best choice. So I did.
All I did was download the free silhouettes from Google search, printed them off to fit the jars in black then carefully cut them out and mod podged them to the jars. I don't know why I didn't take pictures of the process, sorry. Once that was done I simply added a couple drops of green food coloring to my homemade mod podge mixed it up and painted the inside of the jars. Sooo easy!
This project was completely free. I already had the jars, and like I said I made the mod podge from a recipe found on this site.
These were defiantly a lot of fun to do, and so quick. Also I think they look pretty great and even a little spooky :)
I will be linking up my Fall Pinterest Challenge to the Lovely Ladies who are hosting the Pinterest Challenge Katie from Bower Power Blog,
Also I will be linking up to
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Today I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the Lovely Ellora over at the Creatively Southern Blog. The Liebster award is given to new bloggers who are just starting out and have less than 200 followers. It's a way for up and coming bloggers to get noticed. The rules are:
- Each nominee must share 11 things about themselves.
- They must also answer 11 questions asked by the person who tagged them.
- They must create 11 questions for the bloggers they choose to nominate.
- They need to select 11 blogs with less than 200 followers to nominate.
- The lucky bloggers they choose must then be told about the nomination.
- No tag backs.
Easy peasy, and such a fun way to get to know other bloggers. I'm excited to read other's questions and responses.
First things first my nominees for the Liebster award go to
Now 11 Random things about me;
- I hate the look and feel of raw chicken so much so that I have a hard time eating it.
- My favorite color is yellow.
- I've been obsessed with the Wizard of Oz ever since I was 3.
- I love to coupon, even though I still have yet to be really good at it.
- I hate cleaning but I love to organize, weird I know.
- I grew up in Colorado and moved to Texas at the age of 18. I miss those mountains.
- I first met my husband on an online dating website that my friend Shanna made me sign up for. Thank you Shanna I will forever love you for that. :)
- My hubby and I will be celebrating our 9th year anniversary on the 1st of March even though our actual anniversary is on February 29.
- The number 28 on my blog comes from my families lucky number 28. My husband was born on the 28th of October, My daughter was born on the 28th of April, My birthday is on the 20th of May, My oldest son Russell was born on the 8th of July, and My son Ross was born on the 4th of October. 4+4=8 or 4/2=2 so there you have it.
- Its 12am and I'm watching She-ra on TV while typing this up. She-ra was my favorite cartoon when I was a kid.
- I still have homework to do right now, but I'm procrastinating because that's what I do best.
Now I get to answer Ellora's questions
1. Who is your hero and why?
My husband, he brings me chocolate whenever I
want need it. :)
2. What is one chore that you hate doing? Yes, just one. :)
Laundry. Not all of it I just hate putting it away.
3. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
I'm about to graduate with a degree in Healthcare administration, then on to nursing school. I'm pretty proud of that.
4. What is the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Stress Kills, so don't stress too much :)
5. Why did you decide to start blogging? What inspired you?
I love writing, but the one blog that inspired me to create my own blog is Biblical Homemaking
6. What dream do you hope comes true?
I want to own a house again soon.
7. Who is your celebrity crush if you have one?
8. Are you morning person or night owl?
night owl, its my time to myself
9. What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?
happy, blessed, and hopeful
10. If you had one 25 hour day and everyone else still had 24 hours, what would you do with the extra hour?
Absolutely nothing :) or read, yea probably read.
11. What do you want to be when you grow up? (I'm still a party planner wanna-be!) :)
Now to my nominees, answer these please;
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
- Besides blogging, what are your favorite hobbies?
- If you could meet anyone in the world who would it be?
- One thing off your bucket list is?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Who inspires you the most?
- If money was no option where would you go?
- What TV show can you secretly not live with out?
- What is your favorite scent?
- What is an item that you bought on a whim but then wished you didn't afterwards?
- If you could learn another language what would it be??
So there ya have it. Cant wait to read everyone's responses :) And don't forget to head over to the different blogs listed and show some love.
I'm excited ya wanna know why? No.. oh well I'm gonna tell ya anyway. Its time for the Fall Pinterest Challenge. I'm excited because this gives me a chance at a redo, you see my last Pinterest Challenge was a big flop and I'm hoping to redeem myself with this next one. I only have one week to pin something fun, neat, or interesting then recreate it in my own way. On top of that I also have a baby shower, Halloween, and a my hubby's birthday to plan. So much to do, so little time. If you're interested in joining in all the Pinterest fun head over to Bower Power, or Young House Love for further instructions. Alright people, my plate is filling up so until next time....
Sunday, October 14, 2012
Its been a while since I last blogged I cant seem to get out of this slump I'm in. I feel fine physically and mentally, I just haven't felt much like writing. Does this make sense?? I mean I really wanna write but don't have any idea what I want to write about. Maybe its called writers blog....I don't know. Anyhoo I did get a very exciting box in the mail yesterday.
A pretty brown and pink box.
My very first Birchbox. If you're not familiar with what a Birtchbox is, its a small box sent each month filled with neat samples of cosmetics and other goodies.
My box contained;
a sample bottle of Viva La Juicy La Fleur
a sample tube of Jouer lip enhancer
a sample box of Mary-Lou Manizier from the Balm Cosmetics
a sample pouch, three days worth of Vitivia capsules
oh yes, and a Luna Protein bar with chocolate and peanut butter...YUMMY!!!!!!
So far I have tried the lip enhancer and to my hopeful heart it didn't work. Anyway that's what my husband said. He said that my lips did not grow. :( But it did make them softer for like 10 min. Personally I still prefer my EOS lip balm.
Overall I loved my box full of goodies and it is nice to receive a little something in the mail just for me each month, and for only $10 its not like I'm burning a whole in my pocket.
Saturday, October 6, 2012
What a week we had!!!! I haven't even been able to sit down and write on my blog. One of the things we did this week was right off of my Fall bucket list. We went to Fright Fest. Fright Fest is put on by Six Flags each year. This year however, our two youngest children was a bit scared of all the crazy zombies walking around so we didn't stay too late.
Other than that we had a blast!!
I think we may need to go back this weekend :)