Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Mason Jar Lantern


So for the Pinterest Fall Challenge I must say I had a real "challenge" trying to come up with something to do.  With all my current finances going towards Halloween, a baby shower, Hubby's birthday, and yes even Christmas I have not had much money left over for much else.  So I knew that whatever I decided to do had to be completely free, hence my challenge.  
After searching Pinterest for what seemed like minutes FOREVER, I came across these inspirations.
Source from The CSI Project Blog

Source from Our Best Bites Blog

Source from Lauren Elise Crafted Blog


I have a real love or maybe even a bit of an obsession with mason jar crafts.  You can see a few others that I did here, here, and here.  So it was no surprise to me that I leaned more toward craft ideas where there was a jar involved. 
 I really loved how the silhouettes looked on the jars but I also liked how the jack o lanterns looked when they were all lit up. I decided combining the two would be my best choice.  So I did.

All I did was download the free silhouettes from Google search, printed them off to fit the jars in black then carefully cut them out and mod podged them to the jars.  I don't know why I didn't take pictures of the process, sorry.  Once that was done I simply added a couple drops of green food coloring to my homemade mod podge mixed it up and painted the inside of the jars.  Sooo easy!  

This project was completely free.  I already had the jars, and like I said I made the mod podge from a recipe found on this site.  

These were defiantly a lot of fun to do, and so quick.  Also I think they look pretty great and even a little spooky :)
I will be linking up my Fall Pinterest Challenge to the Lovely Ladies who are hosting the Pinterest Challenge Katie from Bower Power Blog, 

Also I will be linking up to 



No comments:

Post a Comment