Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Favorite Apps for the iPad


Source

                                                                                 
 A few months back my husband and I made the decision to buy an Apple iPad 2.  We figured since they were bringing out the iPad 3 that the iPad 2 would be cheaper, which they were by like $200.
At first I was reluctant to buy one since I already had an iPod touch my husband owns the iPhone 4, and the two older kids each have a touch as well. 
With all these Apple products I didn't feel the need to add on.  However, after giving it more thought and reading all the reviews about how many educational programs there are for the iPad, I decided that our family (at least Ross, my youngest) could benefit from one. 
I have to say after having this thing for a few months it has become my favorite piece of technology.  I'm able to call anyone or text anyone through face time as long as they own an iPad, iPod, or iPhone.  This comes in handy since I don't own a cell phone.  I can write post's for my blog anywhere I go, and it has built in Internet if I ever want to pay 15 a month for it.  Not to mention all the handy educational programs for my three year old. 

Because I'm in the sharing mood.... haha, I decided to share with you my favorite list of apps.

For kids
Disney's Toy Story Digital Book (free, this is my favorite free app for him so far, it reads the story out loud in the voices of the actual characters, also shows sciences from the movie)
Lego Jams (free)
Elmo Loves ABC's Lite (free, but if you want the full version it's $5)
Play 123 (free)

For adults
You Version Holy Bible ( free, this is such a great app, it has different programs for bible study, and daily devotions.  Also if you have the option to either read it yourself or have the guy read it to you)
Apple Office ($10 a piece, very helpful if you have to do any school work, or write anything, this has been such a great helpful tool for me)
Bills Free (free, keeps track of when your bills are due, how much you owe, and how much is past due)
Houzz (free, love having this free app with tons of home inspirations)

So there you have it, my favorite app's list.  I hope to find more that I really love but for now these are the ones I use most often, I'll let you know if I find any great free apps or cheap apps that are note worthy.

I'm sure I have forgotten a few or just don't know of them so if you have any apps you would like to add to the list please feel free to do so.   I would love to add to my list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment