Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ruthie's Homemade Fabric Softener


Source


Fabric softener is one of those things I usually end up waiting to buy on the next pay check.  I always forget about it until its too late.  When I do buy fabric softener I spend about $5 a box which I have to say is a bit pricy. 

One good tip I read about was that you can cut the dryer sheets in half making them last double time. 

Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who add like three dryer sheets to one load, yes I understand this is wasteful but I love the softness and the scent it leaves behind.

A while back I posted a recipe for Ruthie's favorite homemade laundry detergent.  Yesterday she sent me her recipe for homemade fabric softener to go with her homemade laundry detergent. .

In a one gallon jug, add three cups of distilled vinegar,
One bottle of your favorite scented vo5 hair conditioner,
And 8 cups of HOT water,
Shake well until all the conditioner is dissolved, add 1/2 a cup to your laundry.

I have wanted to do this for a while, I can't wait to give this a try!!!

Have any of you ever made your own fabric softener or laundry detergent??  What did you think about it??  

No comments:

Post a Comment