Friday, May 18, 2012

Avocado Face Mask


Source



While on the 100 day vegan challenge I have been eating a ton of avocados, and since here lately they have been on sale I've been buying even more than I can eat.  So what do I do with all those left over avocados???  I make a face mask.  Avocados have vitamins C, and K.  And more than any other fruit avocados have the highest amount of vitamin E than any other fruit according to Live Strong.

Something I didn't know about avocados is that avocados contain sterolins which help produce more skin collagen and reduce the incidence of age spots.  Avocados are also moisturizing, and hydrating to the skin. 

Hallelujah!!!  This is just what my dry skin needs.  :)

To make an avocado face mask just mash 1/2 the avocado in a bowl (save the rest for later)
1 tablespoon of olive oil, (optional)
7 broken capsules of vitamin E


Mix well and smear on a clean dry face, neck, and décolleté.  Leave on for 10-15 min rinse off with warm water and follow up with a good moisturizer.

Easy peasy pudding pop!!

*this mask is very messy so don't wear good clothes, or just do this mask right before getting into the shower*

Don't forget if you have any leftover you could also do a great hand or foot facial. 

Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment