Monday, July 16, 2012

Pinterest Challenge Part 2


                                                                                 

So while looking all over my boards for a perfect project for my first Pinterset Challenge, I told myself that it would be best to find an easy one.  I finally decided on doing a three tiered stand similar to the one found here. 
I looked everywhere for those darn pie pans but could find them nowhere.  Finally I went to our local Goodwill store in Arlington thinking I would surely find them there but no, not one cake pan could be found.  And let me just point out on any other given day they would be all over the place, but because I needed them, there were none to be found. :(

Anyway moving on.

So while at the thrift store I did come across some burner covers, which were fifty cents, and a Christmas tray that was also fifty cents, which I thought would work pretty well.  I then picked up a dowel from Michael's for three bucks and a round thing for the top for fifty cents. All together this project only cost me five big ones.  Not too bad.


I used Krylon in banner red to paint it, then my hubby drilled the screws into the dowels and through the tin trays. Sounds easy enough right? Nope (I tend to do things the hard way)



Unfortunately its been a big pain in my behind from day one.  I have to say, I love the idea of the tray.  In my head it looked awesome, but I defiantly think it could use some improvements, and you can bet that I will continue to make these things till I get it perfect, because I hate to fail, it's frustrating and makes me crazy till I figure it out. 
I went with the color Banner Red

One thing I did love about it besides the beautiful color, (oh and let me just point out, I still have another coat of paint to go before its complete) I really like that I can change the paper out to match whatever theme I want.  And while spray paint is not food safe, I can easily add little mason jars to it filled with condiments, or just sit glasses on the bottom and napkins and silverware on the top and the middle. 

First though I defiantly want to redo this project until I get it right.
Oh well, you live, you do, and then you learn. 

Happy Monday!!!
I will be linking up to
Ten June Blog
Bower Power Blog
Young House Love Blog





br>


DIY Show Off

No comments:

Post a Comment