Monday, July 9, 2012

Creamy Breakfast Iced Coffee



I'm not a huge coffee drinker, (not a hot coffee drinker anyway) no I'm more of an ice tea kinda gal.  My mother on the other hand is a huge coffee drinker, always has been.  I don't understand how she can sit and drink all that hot, hot coffee especially in the summertime.  Defiantly not for me. 
One thing I do enjoy is a yummy glass of  very cold iced coffee with a little more milk than coffee. 
What I do first is brew a super strong pot of coffee.  I use Folgers Breakfast Blend because it has a very distinct flavor I also like to add a tablespoon of vanilla to the water before it brews to add the vanilla flavor.  You could just buy coffee or creamer with vanilla already added but like I said I really like the taste of the breakfast blend. 
Once the coffee is through brewing I mix about half a cup of coffee with half a cup of milk and one package of Stevia together then fill an ice tray with the coffee mixture.  This way I'll have coffee cubes for my ice coffee.



Then after I'm done getting that ready I just add the rest of the pre brewed coffee to a pitcher and put it in the fridge. 
The next morning I fill a glass with my already made coffee cubes, then just pour half the glass with coffee and half full with milk (or nondairy milk) add two packages of Stevia and stir.  Yumm!!


This can be a semi healthy drink by replacing sugar with Stevia and milk with fat free milk or non dairy milk.
 But who says it needs to be healthy ;)


Enjoy!!!
Happy Monday to ya!!!

I'm linking this post to
Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
Photobucket










No comments:

Post a Comment